It’s been a long winter, and there’s been a lot of family togetherness. As we look ahead to summer, the togetherness is likely to stay, so we’re all in need of a little “change up” to our routines. Everyone deserves to have a fun summer vacation – especially this year!
Which is why this is an ideal summer to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. The six sites below are perfect for camping or glamping. The main difference is your desired level of accommodations and personal attention. These destinations are not only ideal for their spectacular natural landscapes but also for their access to adventure, activities and many moments for fun family bonding.
The Top 6 US Glamping Sites are:
- North Rim of Grand Canyon
- Canyonlands National Park
- Zion National Park
- Lake Powell
- Yellowstone National Park
- Escalante National Monument
The range of experiences you can have in these places is as vast as the scenery. Hiking, biking and kayaking are always an option. Also renting house boats, searching for cave paintings, white water rafting, fishing, horse back riding, seeking out wildlife, picnicking, rock climbing and riding in ATVs and jeeps.
sitting by a bonfire under the clear, starry sky while singing along with your guide playing the ukulele
and the kids roasting s’mores. That sounds heavenly right now.
I recommend you get a guide who has deep knowledge of the history and culture of the area and wilderness safety training. It will add a richness to the experience that you just can’t find in a guidebook.
More Inspiration – Incredible experiences await…
If you are an active, adventurous family check out some unforgettable experiences offered by our partners in Zion National Park. Choose between:
- Going on a moderately challenging full day river hike on the Virgin River while exploring the park’s narrowest canyons.
- A guided hike into a serene area of the picturesque landscape before participating in an unforgettable yoga session surrounded by the backdrop of plateaus, towering sandstone, and meandering rivers of canyon country.
- Pedaling your way alongside classic Southwest badlands scenery on a rousing mountain bike adventure through the outskirts of the park guided by a local area expert.
- Setting out to explore one of the 25 canyons surrounding the park with a seasoned guide who will show you how to carefully squeeze through and rappel down some of the most scenic, hidden treasures of this incredible park.
- Photograph Zion National Park’s steep red sandstone cliffs, winding forest trails and cascading waterfalls alongside a professional photographer during this “golden hour” tour.