Podcast conversation with Dolores Jakoliš.
Dolores and I had such a great time talking about Croatia – all of the incredible experiences, historic cities and beautiful hotels. We bring you to the big cities, the islands and the National Parks. We share the highlights of Istria, Zagreb, Plitvice, Split and Hvar.
Hvar is known as one of the sunniest places in Europe. It’s also known for posh parties and fun beach clubs. Two of Dolores’ favorite beach clubs are La Ganina and Carpe Diem.
If you are planning a 7 day Croatia 101 itinerary, it would likely include Dubrovnik, Split and the islands.
Looking for something adventurous? Consider going on Croatia’s most famous zipline, Beware of the Bear. At 1700m, it is Europe’s longest one-piece zipline. Under the right conditions, you can reach speeds of up to 70mph as you zip above the earth. It really does feel like flying.
- Split is definitely a place where you want to stay in the old part of town.
- If you are going to Plitvice, to avoid the crowds, spend one night there and go out early the next morning.
OTT (over the top and worth the splurge)
- Excelsior’s Signature Suite overlooking the Adriatic and Dubrovnik city walls. The view from the bathtub is magnificent.
- Charter a yacht and go island hopping while sleeping in beautiful boutique hotels along the way.
- Reserve a private villa at the new One & Only Portonovi in Montenegro.
A few more of our favorite hotels:
Watch the show or listen to the podcast to hear all of the details.