Podcast conversation with Jennifer Virgilio.
Today Jennifer transported us to France. With so many amazing ideas, hopefully after watching you will dream of eating croissants at a Parisian sidewalk café or looking out at the Cote d’Azur from your terrace at the Hotel du Paris in Monaco.
Here are some of the highlights and a few extras that we didn’t get to talk about.
A FEW FAVORITE HOTELS:
- La Reserve Paris-romantic. 1 junior suite with Eiffel Tower views
- Relais Christine – Left Bank
- HOTEL Ritz (Coco Chanel and F Scott Fitzgerald lived here) & perks my clients get are particularly fabulous!
- Hôtel Lutetia
- Hôtel Esprit Saint Germain
Personally, I love staying on the Left Bank – it’s more of a local Parisian neighborhood feel. As always, it depends on what type of hotel and vibe you like. Often first-time visitors choose to stay on the Right Bank to be near the Louvre and the Champs de Elysee, but I think many teens and young adults love the vibe of the Left Bank.
- Anything with an Eiffel Tower view is amazing! A few very special ones include a suite at the Shangri La, where you almost feel like you are sitting on top of the Eiffel Tower.
- Plaza Athenee Paris, a Dorchester Collection hotel – amazing Eiffel Tower view suite – stunning views and equally stunning price tag.
- Penthouse Suite at the Meurice (Dorchester) 4 BR rooftop terrace.
- Il de Ré off west coast of France – Villa Clarisse.
Out of Paris
- Hotel du Cap Eden Roc (Oetker) Note: in high season, many clients return year after year, so you will have better luck going a bit on the shoulder season.
- Four Seasons Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat
- Cheval Blanc in St Tropez.
- La Reserve outside of St Tropez on the beach (beautiful rooftop restaurant too).
- Hôtel Lily of the Valley (Querido) – focused on wellness.
In Provence, there are so many amazing hotels to choose from that it’s difficult to pick favorites – it’s so dependent on what you love and want to see. There are many Relais & Chateaux options too.
OTT – In Monaco – the Hotel du Paris. The suite dedicated to Princess Grace of Monaco.
- Les Airelles Versailles just opened last week and is looking to be amazing (TUB!).
- Cheval Blanc
- Bulgari in Paris
Watch the show for ideas of fun and memorable experiences including the best picnic spots, hikes, horseback rides, and exclusive access to special places. Also favorite markets, beaches, and beach clubs and Jennifer’s recommendation on a destination on your yacht charter off the Côte d’Azur.