Podcast conversation with Sandra Devoti.
Note: I look a bit like I’m in a prison, but I’m actually in a glass front conference room with terrible lighting in Costa Rica. Forgive the video quality!
Sandra and I had so much fun talking about Botswana – one of the most exclusive safari experiences out there. We shared what makes it so special. We talked about the main areas for seeing wildlife in the country:
- Moremi Game Reserve
- Okavango Delta**
- Kwedi Reserve
And went over water, land, and combination safaris.
We then talked in more depth about the different areas and the most special lodges in each:
MOREMI GAME RESERVE
- Xigera (pronounced keejera)
- Jao Camp
- Duba Plains
- Little Vumbura
- Zarafa Camp
- Selinda Camp
- Duma Tao
- Kings Pool
MAKGADIKGADI (pronounced makahdeekahdee)
- Jack’s Camp
There are so many amazing experiences in Africa, and Botswana has many of them. It also has some that are unique to Botswana.
- Boats – mokoros, airboats
- ATVs, traditional landcruisers
- Salt Pan Sleepout
- Zebra and wildebeest migration
- San People
- Stargazing in Makgadikgadi Pans
- Horseback riding on Kalahari desert
We wrapped it up with helpful tips that are good to know when planning:
- Fly into what major airport?
- Best time of year
- Cape town o Vic Falls – microlight
- $1700+pppn for 5* going up to $3500-$4500 for Mombo and Xigera.
- Also beautiful 4* options that start around $550pppn