Podcast conversation with Lylie Moolman.
Lylie and I had a great time talking about Tanzania. It’s easy to want to inspire you to plan a trip there because it has such natural beauty and welcoming people. You’ll see the big 5 and also hippos, zebras, chimpanzees, and wild dogs. The Serengeti is an iconic safari destination, and there are so many more national parks. There is also the coast where you’ll find watersports, Zanzibar, and one of the accommodations that is on my personal bucket list… andBeyond Mnemba Island.
Why visit Tanzania?
- Serengeti National Park
- The Great Migration
- Big 5
- Wild dogs
- Mt Kilimanjaro
- Ngorongoro Crater
- My favorites – &Beyond and Singita lodges
There are so many beautiful national parks and even more beautiful luxury lodges. A few of our favorites are below:
Serengeti National Park
Tarangire National Park
Ruaha Game Reserve
Grumeti Game Reserve
- Walking, water, and traditional safaris
- Water sports – Snorkel/scuba/deep sea fishing
- Meet people and learn about the culture from one of the 130+ distinct tribes
- Go chimpanzee trekking
- Literally, go OTT (over the top) on a hot air balloon ride
Takeaway tips/need to know
- Make sure to be knowledgeable about vaccines/protocols for Yellow fever and malaria
- Tanzania can be an all year-’round destination. Consider how the experience changes with the seasons, to determine which is right for you
- Other destinations to combine with Tanzania – Kenya, Zanzibar, South Africa