Podcast conversation with Milagros Scavarda
This week on Adventures in Luxury Travel I was joined by my friend, Milagros Scavarda, of Hotel AWA.
Hotel AWA is a remote, boutique property on the edge of beautiful Lake Llanquihue on the northern edge of Patagonia. It’s surrounded by volcanoes, lakes, rivers and fjords. The views from the rooms are stunning! And just wait until you see the pool.
Milagros and I talked about how the unique, secluded location offers many adventures – both active and cultural. 100% of your excursions are with a private guide and driver.
- Road and mountain biking
- Fly fishing
- White water rafting
- Horseback riding
- Cooking classes
- Nearby golf
- Puerto Varas – fun to explore
- Carretera Austral, one of the world’s most scenic routes
In addition to being active, there are many ways to relax and luxuriate with a massage in the spa, or in the steam shower, jacuzzi or sauna. Or simply curling up with a good book in front of the view.
Gastronomy lovers – AWA’s culinary program uses produce from their own farm, local products and a mix of local and international cuisine as a central part of the experience. Top that off with delicious Chilean wines and you will be well nourished for your active adventures.
- They have several options for programming – bed&breakfast, ½ board, full board (all meals), all-inclusive (private transfers, activities and meals)
- Logistics – Puerto Montt has 17 daily flights
- Hotel AWA is great to combine with:
- Northern Patagonia in Argentina (Bariloche) or
- Southern Patagonia in Chile (Torres del Paine)
*Your exclusive gift when booked through Truvay Travel – a private, romantic dinner for two at the end of the pier.
More details https://hotelawa.cl/en/