Podcast Conversation with James Currie
James and I had a fun time talking about one of our shared favorite places, Ol Donyo Lodge, situated in between Amboseli and Tsavo National Parks on the border of Chyulu Hills National Park in Kenya.
Ol Donyo is a special place. The food, the hide, the views, the rooms, the active adventures and most importantly the people and the wildlife.
A few more reasons Ol Donyo is an ideal destination:
- Unlike most safari lodges, Ol Donyo gives you the opportunity to go on safari by horse, mountain biking, walking or running.
- Their sundowners are some of the best in Africa.
- Their guides are a wealth of knowledge and excited to share what they know with you.
- Their safari vehicles come equipped with professional cameras and your guide is knowledgeable about teaching you how to use it. Our guide was an incredible resource for our 18 year old daughter who caught the photography bug while at Ol Donyo.
- The lodge is Relais and Chateaux and it shows in their culinary program. The food is creative and delicious and they set up your dinner to eat in a different spot every night. Also bush breakfasts after a horseback ride are incredible.
After a day of adventuring treat yourself to a massage or do some yoga on your patio gazing out at the animals.
This winter they will be going through a refurbishment and adding on a second 2-bedroom family suite.
If you are as lucky as we were, you will be woken by a lion in the middle of the night – making a low roaring sound. Absolutely magical.
*Your gift when booked through Truvay Travel – a special, exclusive breakfast, lunch or dinner in the hide, overlooking the animals at the watering hole.
More details: Ol Donyo Lodge